How to Prepare
- DO YOUR RESEARCH
- Attend preparation workshops - there are many to choose from!
- HMA will host a Destinations Workshop to discuss resumes, interviewing, wardrobe, follow-ups, etc.
- Make sure your resume is current and has been reviewed
- Attend the panel discussions and recruiter reception
- Register for Destinations here
What to Wear
What to Bring
Professional attire! Bring a notepad to write down important points from your conversations as well as questions and talking points you have for the recruiters. Since we all get a little nervous sometimes, it can be helpful to have a list of questions or key points you want to go over with recruiters in the event that you get to the fair and freeze up a little bit- it's good to have a reference! Know what your day looks like for Friday in the case that you are asked to interview on-campus. And last but not least, bring your smile - it's a must!
Day of Destinations
- Dress appropriately
- Check your surroundings - make sure you have a neutral, well-lit background and limit your distractions
- Be timely so you don't feel rushed
- Test your internet
- Have a list of employers with talking points and questions
- Keep a notepad and pen in front of you to write down important contact information, meaningful conversations, etc.
Follow up is key - it could be the reason you do or don't get hired. Make sure you get in contact with your favorite companies shortly after you speak to them. If you have an interview the next day, afterwards, make sure to send them a quick "Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon" email. If your company is not interviewing on campus, make sure to send a follow up email after the career fair that reminds them of who you are, how you are interested in their available positions and are eager to participate in the next step of their hiring process.